Home > Welcome to Augusta Township > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When are the tax bills coming out/due?

A. Tax bills are mailed out the beginning of March and September and are due on the last business day of that month.


Q. Who do I contact when I see a problem on a road within the Township (i.e. a tree down, a dead animal, ditching issues etc.)?

A.  If it is a road maintained by the Township you can call the Township office and talk to the Operations & Fire Coordinator at ext. 101 or you can visit our Contact Us page and send an email with all the details.

If it is a road maintained by the United Counties of Leeds & Grenville (see list below), please contact them at (613) 342-3840 with all the details.

County Roads within the Township of Augusta:

  • County Road 2 (a.k.a. highway 2)
  • County Road 6
  • County Road 15 (a.k.a. the Maitland/Merrickville Rd.)
  • County Road 18
  • County Road 21
  • County Road 26
  • County Road 31 (a.k.a. Blue Church Rd. from County Road 2 to County Road 26)


Q. Why aren’t you picking up my garbage/recycling when I put it on the curb?

A. The Township of Augusta does not have curbside waste/recycling pick up.  Residents are responsible for getting their own waste/recycling to either of our two waste transfer sites.  Visit our Waste Management/Recycling page for more information on our transfer sites.


Q. When is the transfer station open?

A. The Maynard Transfer station’s hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm and Saturday from 8am to 4pm. The North Augusta Transfer Station hours of operation are Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 4pm.


Q. I’m having trouble with my water, did the Township shut it off?
Q. Where is the nearest fire hydrant to my house?

A. We do not have a township water system (and therefore NO fire hydrants) in Augusta.  Each property has individual septic and well water systems which is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain.


Q. When do I need to get a building permit?

A. You need to get a permit to demolish or build anything over 10 m² (108 sq. ft.).  For more information, please see our Building Information and Applications page.


Q. Can I pay my tax bill monthly?

A. No, we do not currently have a pre-authorized payment plan. You may however leave postdated cheques at the office or set up postdated payments through your telephone or online banking.


Q. What are the rules for putting up a fence on my property?

A. While a building permit is NOT required there are requirements under the Zoning By-Law  that must be followed.  Visit our Fences, Fence Viewers & Livestock Evaluators page for more information.